Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Speaking of food...

The food crisis is here. and it's big and obvious if you have been to the market to buy staples lately.
Today I was placing my order with Azure Standard and it all hit me in the face. A group of local mamas and I all order together in order to meet a $400 minimum. Anyhow, this is a great company with its focus being on natural products, many of them in bulk amounts. Earlier this week I had started loading my "online shopping cart" and had included a 50lb bag of oat flour for the price of $36. Today, I looked online and that same bag of oat flour was now $47.90. Holy geez. This was oat too! Not even the recently uber-publicized wheat flour. After doing some further reading, I understand that the crisis is really about all staples. I am so sad because there will be so much loss around the world and I don't think that it can be remedied very quickly. Any ideas?

No comments: